Service Development Engineer (Ref.1802) - GENK
Your goal is to innovate processes and products in a creative, thought-through way together with your colleagues. You will become a member of the corporate Advanced Service Development team and you will report to the VP ASD. Your most important responsibilities can be divided into three domains:
Your main task will be to identify process and concept innovations/improvements in order to increase the service level and reduce the total cost of our services. Your ideas can be related to data, smart supply chain solutions or assembly process improvements. Your primary focus will be data-related ideas and projects. Once you generate an idea and it is approved, you are also responsible for the further development, testing, validation and implementation of the concept. You design early prototypes for proof of concept evaluation and further develop the concepts in order to make them ready for the market.
A second part of the function is to support the other departments (engineering, quality, purchasing and logistics) with different kinds of technical issues and needs. CAD support, FE calculations, logistic process support tools, prototyping with additive manufacturing, special product development, … can all be part of your task package depending on the needs of your colleagues.
The third aspect is to always keep yourself up to date regarding the newest trends in product and/or process related technologies. You gather and summarize information and share the most important technicities that might contribute to the technical expertise and reputation towards the customers.
• You have a Master in Engineering (industrial, electromechanical or mechanical) and preferably a first work experience.
• You have a first experience in or at least a passion for database management and software development. Knowledge of Big Data and Artificial Intelligence concepts/tools is a plus.
• You have a hands-on mentality, a broad technical know-how and you are mature enough to handle an autonomous way of working.
• You have a very wide interest in technology and the capability to find, absorb and put into practice newly required knowledge in an efficient way.
• A broad experience in one of the following domains is a plus: big data, RFID, wireless data communication, additive manufacturing, OEM assembly processes, smart supply chain, …
• Basic experience in CAD design (preferably Solid Works) is a plus.
• Affinity with specific materials, equipment or a specific industry is a plus.
• Thanks to your strong communication skills and good knowledge of English, you excel at teamwork and like to share your knowledge and experience.
• You are an independent, perseverant and systematic worker with a goal-oriented and analytical mind-set. Entrepreneurship is a part of you that cannot be ignored.
• You are keen on spending time on the shop floor and in the workshop place to develop and create early prototypes.
• You are flexible in working time and available to make short business trips world wide if required. Even more important is your mental flexibility to be creative, innovative and to think outside of the box.
Are you the innovative engineer that we are looking for?
Interested in working and growing in an international environment?
Then this is the perfect job for you!
Besides an international atmosphere with lots of growing opportunities, our client offers a training programme based upon your individual competences.
An attractive remuneration package is available and we are interested in talking to ambitious and suitable candidates.
SOLLICITEER NU: email@example.com